Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the end


I'm not a fan of bebo or facebook etc etc. I don't use them and I don't want to use them, but I understand that other people find them useful and interesting. It's just something I don't need - like aftershave, or bellbottom flares, so I don't use them .

I'm really not sure how these things can be used in a library environment- for what purpose , by whom. I do see how blogs and wikis can be used , so obviously a less old world type person has the imagination to think up how facebook etc could be utilised.


I've really enjoyed doing this course- some of it I will use, some of it I can pass onto library users as the occasion arises, but it was just interesting to learn about all these different things.

To end on a kitty note, here is a photo of Beryl, my new kitten! Cheerio!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Ruby,
Yes I don't like facebook either. My friends keep trying to get him to join them. I think is is just a competition to see who can get the most friends. Half the people they class as their friends they haven't met or talked to in 10 years and probably wouldn't even say hello to if they met them on the street. It is the end. I'm at the end now too. I plan to keep my blog even now that this course is over. I will use it to stay in contact with friends afar. If you decide to keep your blog I'd be happy to stay in touch. I'll keep watching just in case!

Ruby said...

Hi Kim,
I think that's a great idea about keeping the blog, and I will try it. Why didn't I think of that ? ! I'm glad i'm not the only non-face booker. I would be driving people crazy with stuff about my cats though...is that allowed?!
I'll keep watching your blog too.
Regards
Ruby