Thursday, November 26, 2009

...and the beginning

I haven't blogged at all since the first course ended. I like to have a purpose. It feels a little...um..presumptuous and a tiny bit precious and even pretentious to be blogging for no good reason. I am a bit utilitarian really. So it's fun to come back in and blog again for a reason. What a modest creature I am.
I don't read a lot of other blogs because I find them a bit twee and tedious hence my own feelings about blogging - I don't want to inflict that on others. But this is for study purposes ! So it's ok to suffer.
There is one blog I like because it's not any of the abovementioned things- another staff member has a blog and she is funny and and interesting and homey and I like that even though she doesn't have cats. I do sometimes leave a comment on there.
I've changed the background on here to "harbour". I am going to the coast at Christmas - first holiday in fifteen years !! My daughter is coming too and we are taking the dogs- we found pet friendly accomodation. I love the coast...so why am I still inland?!
Here's an update on Beryl : she is one year old and has a heart murmur . Still tiny but we love her.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Maybe you have not found the right blogs yet? We all use different tools to keep us up to date. I tend not to follow twee blogs, but rather ones which will help me with new ideas, or different ways of thinking, or will make me laugh.

The staff members blog you follow sounds great.

Ellen (PLS)